Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Success or Failure

I have been working on being better about this, sometimes I get so worried about the end outcome that I forget to have a good attitude and enjoy the moment. Whether it is something good and fun or hard and trying.

Tomorrow is my 5K run. This has been a semi-goal of mine for awhile (I never made it a "real" goal until recently because I'm not a runner, I'm kind of horrible at it actually!) My goal isn't to win or even come in 10th, I just want to be able to run the whole thing and finish. This week of training as been really frustrating, there were days I just couldn't run, didn't want to run, felt exhausted, hungry and emotionally drained. I had to keep reminding myself (and other people had to remind me too) that I was going doing great, and that I had come so far already (I expect far too much from myself sometimes). My awesome dad even asked me how much I could run at this time last year, for which the answer was- maybe a block! So by all means I am already succeeding! I can't wait for tomorrow, I'm a little nervous and mostly excited. It feels so good to be so close to accomplishing a goal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment