Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

For My Friend

I don't talk about myself very much on this blog; I guess set it up that way, but the more I blog the more I realize that blogging is about things that matter to me. You know when you have those times that are just rough? I know we all have them and we all have them at different phases in our lives; like the stay at home mom who feels like her whole existence is based on feeding and cleaning up her kids and all she wants to do is take a shower, put on a cute outfit and keep it clean for an entire day. Or the career woman who wants to be noticed for her fabulous talents but keeps being overlooked for the promotion she wants. Or like me, the single girl who just wants to find love and I can't figure out why it is so hard to find. I enjoy all the relationships that come into my life but I get crushed when they end. The battle for me sometimes is letting it go and believing that something better will replace what I had. Well I have a blog friend that is going through that same thing right now; so I figured I would let her know she isn't alone. And that we can't give up; we just have to focus on ourselves and making sure we enjoy the ride even if it is rougher then we want or it takes us down a different road then we planned. I know sometimes it's lonely, and that's the hardest part for me, and when I get lonely it's tough to surround myself with people because I still feel that void and I ache. But when I sit and reflect and get in tune with my heart that's when the peace comes and the outside world doesn't seem like such a big deal. It doesn't change the heartache but it reminds me that the most important thing I can do is love myself no matter where I'm at in life and things will work out. And the hard part is not giving up and still taking chances! But taking a break every now and again is healthy and usually needed and definitely deserved! Good luck.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's for you cute girl! But I needed to be reminded too. We need to stay in touch and you'll have to tell me how your 30 days goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Beautiful and inspiring post, you say some things that we always need to be reminded of.

    I think you blog is fab, so please ck mine today cause you have something there waiting for you!

    Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, loved the post. I think it is so wonderful the attitude that you have when life doesn't quite go your way. I know so many people that are going through some hard times as well, but don't have the great attitude that you do about life. Reading your blog shows me that you are going to be just fine. Some lucky guy is going to sweep you off your feet one day...the hard part is just being patient until that time comes.

    ReplyDelete