Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

I am Patriotic

One of my favorite holidays is the 4th of July! It's mostly because I love FIREWORKS. But it's also because I have a deep sense of pride in my country. It's easy to live life and go about our daily routines and forget how lucky we are to be living in this wonderful land. I am grateful for our forefathers who stood up and fought for what they believed so that we can all have the freedoms we do. Our country was founded on the belief that everyone deserves life, liberty and equality.
The founding fathers believed they were setting up a nation that would "establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." There aren't many other countries that have the same sense of duty to their citizens as ours does. I realize our country is undergoing a lot of tribulation and growth right now and I hope those in charge remember the beliefs and ideals this great country was founded on.
I'm also grateful for those who are currently fighting to keep us free and safe. I believe America is a great country! And while I love to visit other places and I'm fascinated by their culture; I'm always happy to be coming home to my US of A. I'm proud to be an American!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Independence Day to you! It's great that you love your country and are proud to be an American.

    I believe that "If you are not proud of where you come from, you can never be proud of who you are".

    Have a great weekend and enjoy the fireworks!!!

    ReplyDelete