Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Ant Chair

Designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1952 the ant chair while beautiful and simple was not instantly popular; it had only 3 legs and no arms. It was named for its resemblance of the outline of an ant with its head raised. The design that made this chair so important was the concept that the seat and back of the chair were made out of one piece of laminated wood with 9 layers of molded veneer. As the chair gained popularity a 4-leg version was made as well and since that time the chair back has changed shapes.




3 comments:

  1. Makes me just want to go out and spend, spend, spend and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I'd appreciate if you can give me some feedback on our site: www.regencyshop.com

    I realize that you are home decor-modern design connoisseur :) I'd like to hear your opinion/feedback on our products. Also, it'd be swell if you can place our karuselli chair link on your blog.

    Thank you,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete