Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Somewhere Over The Rainbow...right?

Last week I was out walking my dogs and I saw a huge rainbow (obviously not this one cause it's in Peru) and I don't know about you but rainbows always make me stop and appreciate nature. Or maybe it makes me think about the pot of gold that is supposedly at the end of it, and then I start thinking about what I would do with all that gold! But really I think a rainbow is such a cool natural occurrence and when you see one you can't help but be happy!
Does anyone sing "somewhere over the rainbow" when they see one? I don't think I usually do but today it seems fitting (partly because we are having a big rain storm right now). So I'm posting part of the lyrics to it just in case you haven't heard that song in awhile (and who doesn't love The Wizard of OZ).
.
Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue,
and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.
Someday I'll wish upon a star
and wake up where the clouds are far behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
away above the chimney tops that's where you'll find me.
.
So here's to thinking about rainbows, dreams and happy thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. And who doesn't love the other versions of this song like the one from that one cd with the samoan guy sitting on the front cover laying in the water or that other version... Oh yea, by Ingrid Michaelson. I seriously love this song!

    ReplyDelete