Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wanting to be a Morning Person

I woke up this morning around 5am. I let my dogs outside and walked out onto my deck. The world is so peaceful and beautiful early in the morning; there are no kids screaming, cars blaring their horns, lawn mowers running, or people bustling about their day. There are a few birds singing and the sun beginning to peak over the mountains; the quietness is amazing. It was all very calming. And I have to ask myself why is it that when I am surrounded by this beauty and tranquility my bed still calls to me and lures me back into the house, as if I'm in a trance, it beckons me back to its soft, warm, dark comfort? My bed almost always wins over the peace of the morning. Sad but true I am a creature of the night, I can stay up for hours as long as there is the promise of staying in bed when the morning comes. I would really like to change this about myself but early in the morning sleep is just too tempting. However I do love a vibrant sunset and seeing the stars late at night.
I guess you can't have the best of both worlds, can you?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, why is it that my bed doesn't lure me in around 10 at night, but at 10 in the morning I could easily be called (except for the constant harassment I would get from two very needy, though quite lovely, children)?

    I do have to contend with you on one point: SOME children are screaming at five in the morning... How I miss sleeping in!

    ReplyDelete