Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Cake Time

I took my last cake class last night.  Our assignment was to bring an 8" and 6" cake to class with fondant on it already.  We learned how to stack it and then we decorated.  I had extra buttercream icing so I combined buttercream with fondant in the decor.  The cake made it home in one piece but transporting cakes has to be a class all on its own!

So here is the final product...
A little argyle 

A little scroll work

And a little design on the top.

Overall I really enjoyed taking this class, I learned a lot about cakes and baking in general.  I think I'll enjoy making cakes for family and friends events but for now I'm making some Christmas goodies and then I'm taking a break from the cakes and permanently attaching myself to the treadmill.  Seriously, even though I gave most of the cakes away, I cannot be allowed to have that much dessert around that often, I'll admit I have low self discipline.

1 comment:

  1. Heidi...
    1. This cake looks absolutely amazing.
    2. It was so good to read your post on my blog. You are such a sweetheart.
    3. So excited to be back to blogging.

    Have a really wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete