Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You


For months I have been eagerly anticipating the day this movie came to theaters. So a few weeks ago my BFF and I went and saw it. Now this same BFF and I also purchased the book a few years ago and laughed and cried our way through it and then agreed it was TOTALLY and COMPLETELY true! It changed how we thought and saw ourselves in a relationship.

Since that time I have had countless discussions with a variety of girls about this book; and sadly most of them have very strong opinions about the subject and most of them hate it and think it’s JUST not true. Mostly I think they believe they are the exception. I feel bad for these girls and wish they could catch the vision! But then I understand that most of them are just trying to cope with some “hopeless to get back into relationship” that was never really that great but they have imagined it was and they are just not ready to face reality.
Now I can’t say that I have NEVER been this girl, I have, but I would like to think that I can see relationships as part of life and that most people will have good ones and bad ones and way more than they really want before they find someone that everything just clicks.I have had great guys who were really into me; for a time anyway. And for whatever reasons things didn’t work out; and I am sad for awhile because I lost a friend and someone who I had a lot of fun with and then they are gone. But I also leave knowing that at the end of the day or the end of my life I want someone who can love everything about my spunky personality and wants to put up with all my crazy ideas and sporadic quirks.

So I guess for me it’s not about why a guy doesn’t like me anymore; it’s about the great memories I have and what I gained and that’s how it should be. And eventually I know this dating thing will be over and I will have a whole new set of rules to learn and I hope I embrace them and figure out to be me and be happy.

So girls everywhere- love life and yourself and have fun on the journey to finding that amazing person; I have a feeling it is going to be worth it when I finally find it; and until then happy dating! Ha Ha Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! I totally am jealous! I can't wait to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete